This year’s Club Day Out at Llyn Brenig will take place on Sunday 2nd June. It’s an event that anticipated eagerly each year and a chance to catch up with other members.
Fishing starts at 9 a.m. finishing at 5 p.m. promptly with the weigh in and awarding of prizes. It’s recommended that you arrive at about 8 a.m. to report in especially if you intend to bank fish and wish to get to your desired part of the lake.
Please contact Mervyn Williams on email@example.com or 07850192624 stating whether bank or boat fishing, if you’ve got a partner or wish to be paired with someone. Don’t forget to pay the treasurer (details below) – as he would like to fish that day please make payments in advance
Boat Fishing will be in pairs. All boat anglers must wear life jackets/buoyancy aids, which are available from the Lodge if you don’t have your own.
The rules are, fly only and a 6 fish bag limit per ticket. If anyone wishes to fish after the bag limit is reached, they have to purchase another permit from the Lodge. Brenig rules state that the bag limit is “Six fish over 12 inches including a maximum of 2 Brown Trout. (Undersized Rainbows may be retained and do not contribute to the bag limit)”
Telephone no. for Brenig is 01490 420463 and if delayed on day or an emergency – M.Williams 07850192624
- Open to both bank and boat
- Two anglers to a boat, you may fish with a friend or we will find you a fishing partner for the day
- Open to all Club Members (including Social and Waiting List Members) as well as friends (guests)
- Cost is £20 for a Club Boat Angler (£25 for a guest) Fishing from the bank for a Club Member is £12 with £15 for a guest. Cheques payable to Wirral Game Fishing Club. Payment to made to Tony Green (Club Treasurer), 15 The Paddock Upton CH49 6NP or by bank transfer if you paid your subs this way.
- Fishing from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Prizes – Cup for heaviest fish, Cash Prizes for both the heaviest brace and for the heaviest catch per boat.
Each individual is responsible for making sure
they have a valid Rod Licence